Blink smart devices are famous among smart home enthusiasts as they are affordable and easy to use. Blink mainly focuses on using the smart device concept for home security.
And now another question pops out: Does Blink work with HomeKit?
Well, the answer is yes. Blink does work with HomeKit. But not natively.
But don’t worry! If you want to control your Blink devices with Apple Home App and Siri, there are methods that you can use to add Blink to HomeKit. So, let’s figure out how to connect Blink with HomeKit.
- Blink devices do not natively support Apple HomeKit.
- Users are expecting to get a smooth experience with Blink HomeKit integration.
- Many software and hardware hubs can be used to connect where Blink works with HomeKit.
How to link Blink with HomeKit?
Now you know that there is no direct linkage between Blink-HomeKit. But there are ways that these two could still play it smoothly together. The only concern is that you must be a geek to find the best solution. So here are some of our best suggestions for you.
You can use Enomek, a software application that helps you with guidelines to add smart home devices to Apple HomeKit.
Enomek is a fantastic app that helps to add any smart home device to Apple HomeKit. It is the best-recommended solution that we can guarantee.
This is mainly a web-based application. It supports so many brands including Sonos, Eufy, IKEA, Alexa, Ring etc.
HOOBS is a bridge that helps you to connect all smart home devices to HomeKit. It is a hardware hub that you can use with Enomek to do the Blink HomeKit integration.
Homebridge is the software method that you can use to connect any device to Apple HomeKit. This is the cheapest available method so far. The only concern is that you need to have the computer every time you add and access the smart home devices via HomeKit.
You can do Blink-HomeKit integrations by using Samsung’s SmartThings as well. The app lets you manage every smart device in one place.
How to add Blink to HomeKit using Enomek Solution
You can add any smart home device to Apple HomeKit using Enomek. After downloading and installing Enomek on your device, follow the steps:
- Open the Enomek app
- Scroll down and find the brand of your smart home device
- Tap on ‘Add to home’ button displayed next to the brand name
- Now it will show what methods are available to add devices to HomeKit. You can choose any method that you like
- It will show the available hardware and software methods that you can choose from
How to add Blink to HomeKit using HOOBS Solution
Once you get your HOOBS hub, you can follow these steps:
- Plug in the HOOBS to the internet with an ethernet cable or Wi-Fi
- Launch the HOOBS UI through a browser from any device by typing ‘hoobs.local’
- To setup the HOOBS with HomeKit, go to the ‘Add Accessory’. Then scan or put in the HomeKit code
- You will now find it under ‘bridges’
- When you click it, it shows everything that you need to know and do to connect Blink-HomeKit
HOOBS is a tiny box that comes with thousands of plugins that can be used. It takes only a few clicks to connect any device of Blink with HomeKit. You can do integrations like,
Blink video doorbell HomeKit
Blink camera HomeKit
Blink mini HomeKit
Blink xt2 HomeKit
Blink Homekit Secure Video
Blink HomeKit Lights
It’s simply a user-friendly hub that can be recommended for any user.
How to add Blink to HomeKit using Homebridge Solution
You can use Blink Homebridge through Enomek as well. Follow the steps here to continue once you have the Enomek application,
- Select the OS of your computer from the Enomek app
- Enomek will find an appropriate HomeBridge plugin for the Blink device
- Now follow the steps shown in the app to complete Homebridge installation and plugin installation
- Configure the plugin as per the instructions from Enomek
- Now you can open the Apple HomeKit and do any Blink HomeKit integration
There are so many Blink HomeKit compatible devices you can buy. Using Blink HomeKit Homebridge will be as easy as that!
How to add Blink to HomeKit using SmartThings Solution
You can create Blink HomeKit integration with SmartThings solution. Here are the steps that you can follow,
- Download ‘SmartThings’ app on and install it
- Open it and create an account by following the instructions
- You have to install IFTTT on your device as well.
- Launch IFTTT and create an account
- Click on the ‘Explore’ option and search for SmartThings. Tap on it when appears
- You can see an option that says ‘connect’. Click on it and sign into the SmartThings account
- After connecting, search for the Blink device that you want to connect with HomeKit and get it paired with SmartThings app
- Again, go to Explore and search for ‘HomeKit’. Pair it up with Blink device via SmartThings hub
And there you go! You have now linked your Blink with HomeKit through SmartThings. Easy right?
If you are looking for another great home security smart devices brand, ADT devices are also recommended.
Blink has great home security devices that can be used with HomeKit with the help of hubs. You just must play it smartly and do some workarounds to get these two connected. Just keep in mind that everything has drawbacks and limitations as well. But with a little effort, you can still use it!
- How to connect a Blink camera to WiFi?
You need to install the Blink app on your smart device and make sure it is connected to WiFi. Now open the Blink app and click on ‘+’ icon. Select add device and follow the instructions.
- Do I have to get a monthly subscription to use Blink devices?
There are subscription plans for Blink. But you don’t need to buy it if you don’t need standard features.
- How far can Blink devices work from a router?
It should be able to work from over 100m distance from each other. Keep them close for optimal performance.
- Will Blink work with HomeKit?
Blink doesn’t directly work with HomeKit. But there are certain ways that allow integration of Blink with HomeKit. With the help of applications like Enomek, and hubs like HOOBS and HomeBridge, these two will go together like PB and J!