Did you know that most of the new ecobee devices are compatible with HomeKit? The new ecobee3 thermostat and ecobee smart camera are some of the popular devices currently that support HomeKit.
You can connect these ecobee devices to HomeKit directly. If you are a bit confused with the integration, it is highly recommended to use Enomek. It is a web-based application that will help you out through the entire process of ecobee HomeKit connection.
Once you have these two connected, you can also use Siri to give voice commands. It is way better and easier than using an app, right? Let’s check out the entire process of adding ecobee to HomeKit.
Enomek is a fantastic, web-based app for anyone new to the smart home concept.
It gives guidelines and helps add almost any type of device to Apple HomeKit. The usage is very convenient and seamless. You can follow the steps guide below and download the Enomek app for a great experience.
Add any ecobee device to HomeKit using Enomek
After downloading and pre-configuring, the Enomek app, you can use Enomek to add ecobee devices to Homekit. Follow the below steps to do this,
- Open the Enomek app.
- Scroll down and find the ecobee brand from the list.
- Click the ‘Add to Home’ button next to the brand name.
- You will be able to see different methods of connecting ecobee HomeKit. Select one of your choices.
- The app will now give you a stepwise guideline that you can follow to ecobee and HomeKit.
Adding ecobee to HomeKit
Before merging ecobee Apple HomeKit, there are a few prerequisites that need to be taken care of.
- Make sure both your iPhone/iPad and ecobee device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Assign a name to the ecobee device.
- Update the iOS to the latest version.
- Update the Ecobee app to the latest version.
After confirming these facts, let’s move on to the connecting process.
You can create various ecobee automation such as ecobee homekit secure video integration, ecobee homekit secure video doorbell integration and many more.
How to setup ecobee Geofence Radius for HomeKit
If you want to set location-based triggers to activate HomeKit scenes, you can use Geofencing feature.
Step 01: Connect My Ecobee Smart Thermostat to HomeKit
Step 02: Configure HomeKit Geofence
Go to hte ecobee app > Go to the Menu in the top left > Go to the Manage HomeKit > Select Geofence > Enable Geofence to the on position > Set the geofence radius > Select scene when you enter the geofence > Select a scene when you leave the geofence > Tap done
Adding ecobee to HomeKit through the Home App
Ecobee Apple HomeKit integration is a direct process that can be done through the Home App.
- Open the Home App and click the ‘+’ icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the Add Accessory option.
- There is a HomeKit code on the ecobee device. Scan that using the Home App. The code will appear on the screen which confirms that the device has been added to the Home App.
Everything is now good to go! Let's find out more about ecobee homekit automation.
Ecobee3 Lite HomeKit integration
For ecobee3 lite, you can connect it to HomeKit directly without the help of the Home App. Here’s how to do it,
- Click on the ‘☰’ icon on the ecobee3 screen and select the Settings icon.
- From the list, select Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on the HomeKit option.
- Click on Enable HomeKit Pairing. This will bring the HomeKit QR code to the ecobee3 screen.
- Now go to the Home App on your iOS device and click on the ‘+’ icon.
- Choose Add Accessory and scan the QR code on ecobee3 through the Home App.
Ecobee HomeKit scenes
You can create HomeKit scenes through the ecobee app. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the ecobee app and select the device.
- Tap the Gear icon and select HomeKit under the integration.
- Select the Add Scene option and tap on New Scene.
- Give a name to the scene from the settings menu and click the toggle next to the device.
- The Perform Action menu will pop up on the screen.
- Choose any action from comfort setting, resume schedule and custom.
- Now you can Save and complete the process.
Adding ecobee Smart Thermostat to Home Assistant
If you want to add your ecobee devices to Home Assistant, here's quick step by step guide below.
tep 01: Go to the developer API site
Step 02: Get a developer key
Step 03: Log in with your ecobee credentials
Step 04: Accept the SDK agreement
Step 05: Fill in the field
Step 06: Click save
Ecobee and Siri
Did you know that some of the newest ecobee devices like the ecobee thermostat are compatible with Siri? With the ecobee Siri, you can use voice commands and give instructions without having to reach the app. Let’s see how we can do it.
- Click the ‘☰’ in the upper right corner.
- Then tap on the microphone icon at the bottom.
- Now a menu with 2 options will pop up. Select the Enable Siri option.
- An option saying Enable HomeKit Pairing will appear. Click on it.
- Now scan the QR code from your iOS device. Then select a location and name the device before saving it. And then click Continue.
- A message will pop up saying that the ecobee device has been added to Smart Home.
Now you can make changes either from the app or through Siri.
So, as you have seen the ecobee devices can easily be connected to Apple HomeKit and control everything using Siri voice commands. Also, you can monitor them from anywhere at any time without any trouble.
- Home App doesn’t scan the code. What to do?
You can select I don’t have a code or cannot scan option on the home app and select the device. Enter the 8-digit code.
- Can HomeKit-incompatible ecobee devices be added to HomeKit?
Yes. Home Assistant can be used to connect HomeKit-incompatible devices to HomeKit.
- Are ecobee door sensors compatible with HomeKit?
No, they are not.
- Ecobee is not responding to HomeKit. What to do?
Turn off the ecobee device and turn it on to reconnect with HomeKit.