Smart home devices are no longer about asking Alexa to play a song or asking questions on google. The smart systems have evolved so much, now you can ask your smart system to switch on the lights in your bedroom when you are awake and open the garage or even plan your calendar for you.
When you are looking into smart home systems, it’s a necessity to look at recommendations considering what’s best for your home and what you like the most. We have here a few of the best smart home devices available for you.
- Smart Speaker
- Smart Lights
- Smart Light Switch and Dimmer
- Smart Thermostat
- Smart Home Security Alarm System
- Smart Grill
- Smart Outlet
- Smart Robot Vacuum
- Smart Outdoor Power Plugs
- Smart Door/Window Sensor
- Smart Kitchen Appliances
- Amazon Echo dot 4th Generation
The Amazon Echo Dot Fourth Generation is the best smart speaker with Amazon Alexa. It is designed to streamline your entertainment setup. It is also with a compact design that delivers clear crisp and vocals bass for high-quality audio. Sometimes, you may be tired of controlling your smart home, smart plugs, managing lights, and more. Relax! This Echo Dot controls all of your smart devices seamlessly. You can control it with your voice and simply manage your media. It can be used to call your contacts in a hands-free manner. Also, it has a microphone switch-off button. So, you can protect your privacy.
- It has an eye-catching design
- It is affordable
- Alexa guard protection
- It has great audio quality
- It is not ideal for lots of music
- It is bigger than its predecessor
- It has weak bass
- Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance A19 Bluetooth Smart LED Bulb
Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance Smart Bulb are compatible with any room and available in a two-pack. It is the best overall smart bulb for any room of the house. What is more, you can connect this bulb via Bluetooth for instant control from your tablet and your smartphone when you are in the same room. It is amazing! You can be able to add up to 10 bulbs in the same room to control through the app. You can choose your favorite mood along with 16 million colors from warm to cool. It is also like all Hue bulbs, you can create timers and routines. Also, there are many smart lighting in 2021.
- It works without a hub
- It can be added to Hue EcoSystem
- Easy to install
- It supports Google Assistant and Alexa
- It is expensive.
- Requires Hue Bridge for use other Hue features and remote access
Light Switch and Dimmer
- TP-Link Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch Dimmer HS220
TP-Link Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch Dimmer is designed to dim energy efficiently with convenient control from the Kasa app or with the wall switch. If you want the perfect room lighting to match any activities, it is perfect for you. You can also set lighting levels with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa for a simple hands-free experience. When your child drifts off to sleep, you can tailor lighting to fade on with a simple click of the switch or a double click to fade off the lights. There is no need to worry about it while you are away from your home with Kasa Schedules. You can use it to turn on and off automatically for enhanced peace of mind.
- Kasa app is easy, intuitive, and streamlined
- It is stylish and sophisticated
- It doesn’t support the Apple HomeKit
- It is hard to align with oversized wall plate
- No provision for operating on different circuits
- Ecobee Smart Thermostat
Do you want to control your room’s temperature with your voice? Then the Ecobee Smart Thermostat is ready to help you. It improves its features by adding a more powerful speaker, dual-band Wi-Fi radios, digital microphones, and improved Alexa capabilities. It works with different third-party smart home devices and supports Alexa, Google, Apple HomeKit, and Siri voice commands.
- It is easy to install
- It has a remote room sensor
- Integrates with lots of third-party devices
- Dual-band Wi-Fi
- It is expensive
- Google Nest Thermostat
The thermostat comes in a wide variety of colors to fit the décor of your house and the ambiance with a display that is easy to read. This smart home device can control your hot water and heating automatically. It will detect the presence at your house and regulate the temperature automatically, and when you’re out of the house, it will turn off to save energy.
- Easy to control
- It has a great design
- It is smart home compatible
- It is not cheap
- It needs tweaking
- It doesn’t include external sensors
Smart Home Security Alarm System
- Ring Security Alarm Kit
The Ring Alarm Home Security Kit is the perfect starter kit for your home. It is the Ring’s 2nd generation DIY home security system. It easily expands to fit your wants and needs. You can connect sensors and control them from the keypad or the Ring app after simply plug in the Ring Alarm Base Station. It includes things like Base Station, Keypad, Contact Sensor, Motion Detector, and Range Extender.
- There is a huge range of cameras
- It has an affordable price
- Clever Neighbors app
- Starting package has few sensors
- It has a confusing keypad
- Hard features to reset
- Char-Broil Deluxe Digital Electric Smoker
The Broil Deluxe Digital Electric Smoker is a famous electric smoker with 725 square inches. There is double insulation. So, this prevents any heat, smoke, or flavor from leaking through your walls. It also adds a thermometer that makes sure meat is cooked the right amount every single time. You can monitor it using a removable temperature gauge. Its control panel allows you to cook whatever you want exactly. Also, this panel is user-friendly.
- It is easy to clean
- It is functional and handsome
- It has a budget-friendly price
- It is also perfect for cold smoke
- There hasn’t convention fan to eventually distribute the heat
- It should be used on high heat materials like concrete
- ConnectSense Smart Outlet
Do you like to add some smarts to your smart devices such as lamps, TVs, and coffee makers? Then the ConnectSense Outlet is the best choice for you. It is a versatile dual-outlet smart plug with voice control such as Alexa, Google Assistant, and Siri. This plug can be controlled with iOS and Android apps. It is easy to install your smart outlet. It has a smart charging port and independent control.
- Easy to install
- It supports Google Assistant, Alexa, and Siri voice command
- It has a handy USB charging port
- Energy usage reporting
- It doesn’t support IFTTT
Smart Robot Vacuum
- The iRobot Roomba i7+
The iRobot Roomba i7+ comes with wonderful sophisticated features. It makes a huge leap in iRobot Vacuum technology. It is the ability to respond to voice commands, map out rooms, and empty themselves. There is no doubt. This Roomba i7+ is one of the best vacuums in 2021. You can give the names of each room. Then your buddy automatically vacuums a specific room. You know what it has the imprint Smart Mapping feature.
- It has improved design
- Better Navigation
- Smart Speaker Control like Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- It is expensive one those who are on the budget
- Loud noises
Smart Outdoor Power Plugs
- TP-Link Kasa Smart Outdoor Plug
Would you like to keep permanently connected outside? Then, TP-Link Kasa Smart Outdoor Plug is a great option for you. It has a short power cable. So, it terminates into a pair of outlets. There are awesome three buttons on top of the plug. It allows you to individually turn each outlet off or on. It also connects to your Wi-Fi network. When you are connected, you can control each of your outlets through an app or smart speaker such as Amazon Echo Dot.
- It has a high water-resistance rating
- Small footprint
- You can control anything via an app or smart speaker
- It has two outlets only
- Only connect to a 2.4GHZ WiFi network
Smart Door/Window Sensor
- Wyze Sense
The Wyze Sense is the best overall sensor that sticks to door frames and windows. It is also with the Wyze Cam. It allows you to check-in if a sensor alerts you when someone is there. When their magnetic field breaks by opening a window or door, these sensors send a notification. There is a Wyze app. It lets you name each of your devices. Therefore, you can know which entrance opened or closed.
- It includes camera
- It has an affordable price
- It integrates with Alexa
- It is small. So it fits anywhere
- It doesn’t have professional monitoring
Smart Kitchen Appliances
- Anova Precision Cooker
Anova Precision Cooker is not for you, it is for your kitchen. It is one of the best home kitchen appliances for you. With Anova cooker you can set the timer and temperature of your smart device remotely from your smartphone. It allows you to cook the best steak. As the last word, it is one of the easiest, simplest, and budget-friendly to anyone who starts cooking sous vide.
- It is easy to use
- It has an onboard display and control
- It is perfect for the cook
- You can monitor and automate cooking via an app
- Finicky Wi-Fi setup
- It has slow touch control for temperature adjustment